Tuesday, March 5, 2013

You put the lime in the coconut..

Tonight after dinner I made pina coladas, virgin, of course.  I looked online at recipes and didn't really find one I liked, so I came up with my own.  I didn't measure everything, so this is kind of an estimate.

I put half of a very ripe pineapple, chopped, into the blender.  Then added the juice from one lime.  After that I added about 3/4 cup of canned coconut milk, add just a bit more if it is too thick.  Then I added about a teaspoon of vanilla, followed by about a half cup of sugar.  I put a bunch of crushed ice on top, and blended until smooth.  I added ice a few times until it was nice and frosty.

The kids loved it, and even bummed some of mine after they finished theirs.  The next time I get another pineapple, I'm making more!

No comments: