Thursday, February 28, 2013

Valentine's Day

About 5 years ago, I got really sick of all of the candy the kids were getting for Valentine's Day, not to mention the fact that every holiday was turning into an event where my kids expected to get things.  We have enough "things" at our house, so I had a little brain storming session with myself.  I decided that we were going to pick a family or inidividual every year who we thought might like a loving surprise, or maybe needed cheering up, and we would do a heart attack for them.  After we would go home and eat heart shaped Jello jigglers.  The only reason for the jigglers is because I love them.  We've now being doing heart attacks for 5 Valentine's days, and the kids love them.  Most of the time we are able to stay anonymous, but this year they found out it was us.  They loved it, and took pictures, and they said their neighbors all loved it too.


This was Natalie's lunch.  Since Josh can't have bread or peanut butter, I warmed him up a corn tortilla, put some of his "butter" on it, and did the heart shaped sugar sprinkle.  It wasn't appetizing looking at all, but he loved it.


 The kids, with a friend, in front of the house we attacked.

No comments: